This is possibly the worst update ever on a bucket list. I feel like I have hardly achieved anything on this list!
- Finish the Fife Coastal Path – so far we’ve walked 15 out of the 71 miles from North Queensferry to the Tay Bridge! – Ongoing, we’ve not done too much more of this in the last month or so, due to family visits, weddings and Olympic trips, but a guestimate is that we’ve possibly done about 20 miles.
- Re-visit the Cocoa Tree Cafe in Pittenweem for one of their amazing hot chocolates – Still to do
- Visit Cupar and more specifically, pick some fruit from the Cairnie Fruit Farm nearby. – Probably won’t achieve this now as fruit picking season will be over by the time we come back from holiday 🙁
- Watch Dundee United play (technically not Fife, but one of Mr B’s goals!) – Not achieved, yet!
- Compete in the Kinghorn Village Show (baking and photography hopefully!) – I missed out on this as my screen printing workshop was scheduled on this day (but unfortunately was cancelled, so I could have taken part!)
- Try an Arbroath Smokie (again, technically not in Fife, but you can get Smokies from Farmers markets in Fife) – Again, not yet
- Walk out to the Black Rock on Pettycur Bay at low tide (we’ve not quite managed it yet)… Are you sensing a theme of massive failure?
- Walk up the Binn (a massive hill looking out to the Firth of Forth) – hopefully will get this done in the autumn
- Visit a day of Highland Games somewhere in Fife – Just missed out on this one
- Swim in the sea (I think I may be a bit ambitious with this one, but hopefully we’ll have some sunny days soon!) – Are you kidding? It’s still been freezing 🙂
Posting answers to these goals has made me feel quite dejected, but July and August have been very busy months. I have however got some way into my swimming challenge of swimming 10,000 metres (the distance from the London Eye to the Olympic Stadium), before the end of the Paralympic Games (9th Sept)! Visit Swimfit for more details. I only found out about it 3 weeks ago, and so I’ve done well to swim 4k in that time. I probably won’t manage the full 10k before we go on holiday next week, but I reckon that I should get to 8, if I manage to swim 40 lengths a time. What makes it easier are the prescription goggles I now have. To say that they have revolutionised swimming for me is an understatement!
Do you have a Bucket list/list of goals? How do you manage to meet them?!