Well it’s been a while, I can’t believe we’re coming into the second weekend in December already we’ve both been busy at work and at home too (and of course battling the winds which have battering Scotland this week)
Today me and Mr B put up our Christmas tree – see the pics below. I love Christmas and can’t wait to start the shopping and planning menus for Christmas lunch. We’ve still got that to do (any suggestions apart from the traditional turkey?)
Some things that I have enjoyed in previous years that I won’t get to do this year unfortunately:
- Sample some of my mum’s amazing homemade sausage rolls – they are amazing!
- Go to Duke Street Church in Richmond for one of their carol services – with the best mince pies and mulled wine
- See the sights of London wrapped in Christmas lights
- Plan a New Years Eve gathering in Douglas House with whoevers around from DSC…
- Go on a New Years Day walk in Richmond Park
However, it WILL be my first Christmas with my new husband! Which is very exciting and I know that he is already planning a lovely Christmas Day breakfast which will include smoked salmon (my favourite). It will also include:
- Lots of DVD watching and playing of Bananagrams and Dutch Blitz
- Walks by the beach and around the beautiful Scottish countryside
- Spending time in Edinburgh and seeing the in-laws
- Making up present stockings for each other
What old and new traditions do you have around Christmas time?