I’m a fan of getting my photos printed every so often, so have used Snapfish in the past. I was delighted when they asked me to review their bestsellers range of photo gifts! I was given £40 credit to design some products of my choice to use in creative ideas around the home and for others.
I was familiar with the Snapfish website already, but even if you aren’t, I found it very intuitive to use especially when uploading my pictures. You can upload from your own computer, Facebook and Flickr. The upload process was quick – when using other sites in the past I’ve had to go and find other jobs to do because the upload speed is slow! But my photos (around 20 high quality images) must have uploaded in less than two minutes.
Now all I had to do was choose and design my projects. I chose to design the following items with photos that I have taken this year in the scottish highlands.
- A 18″ x 12″ collage poster which will be framed and hung in our guest bedroom.
- A personalised kitchen photo calendar (ready for use in 2016!) again using our holiday pictures.
- A personalised notebook from Snapfish’s photo stationary range which I’m going to use as a dedicated kitchen notebook, perfect for scribbled down recipe ideas and impromptu experiments!
- Seven personalised photo note cards which I will use for keeping in touch with friends and family – a good way of promoting the beautiful area that we live in!
So my items were chosen, but not designed. Snapfish offer lots of support and examples to inspire, including a chat facility, but I was happy to explore their templates and designs myself.
For each of the projects, I could:
- Drag and drop in my photos to each page/slot, and adjust the positioning of images.
- Add in personalised text and change background colours.
Once my products were finalised (there’s a handy prompt to remind you to check every detail) I finished the order process. The above noted items came to just over £40, which I thought was fantastic value for the number and variety of items ordered. All of the items are printed and shipped seperately and you are sent individual order confirmations (complete with delivery estimate) for each item.
So, onto of course when I received my orders!
I was super impressed with the print quality of all the items. All being photos I took with with my Nikon D3200, I did expect a good quality of print, but I was especially pleased with the print quality of the notecards and the notebook – the colours are just fabulous. Look at the sunflowers on the notebook – they’re just so brilliantly bright, I will enjoy using this in the kitchen! The calendar is great too, I find the weekend dates in red very helpful! The poster has not yet been framed for the bedroom but it would be just as easy to stick it up with bluetack if you wanted to! Thanks Snapfish for some quality products!
I was asked to purchase items from the Bestsellers range at Snapfish in exchange for a review of the process and products I ordered. I was very happy with the ease of the ordering process and the high quality of items received and would be happy to promote Snapfish to Mess in the Ness readers!